MALAWI ELECTORAL COMMISSION
Invitation For Bids
Printing, Supply and Delivery of Ballot Papers, Results Sheets and Blind Voting Templates for the November, 2020 By- Elections
Tender Reference Number: MEC/2020/2021/BE/ICB/001
Date of Issue: 14th September, 2020
1. The Malawi Electoral Commission has budgeted public funds to be used for the procurement of Ballot Papers, Results Sheets and Blind Voting Templates for the November, 2020 By-Elections and now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders as follows:
Lot No. Description Qty Delivery Period Delivery Point
1 Printing, Supply and Delivery of Ballot Papers, Results Sheets and Blind Voting Templates Various 3 Weeks CIP, Kamuzu International Airport, Lilongwe
2. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open tendering procedures contained in the Public Procurement Law and Regulations of the Government of the Republic of Malawi and is open to all bidders from eligible countries.
3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Malawi Electoral Commission and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 7(a) from 08:00 to 16:00 Hours Local Time.
4. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$13.00 or MK10,000.00 per tender at MEC’s Cash Office located on the Ground floor of Malawi Electoral Commission Head Office, Chisankho House, Opposite Mwaiwathu Hospital, Blantyre and collected from the address at (7a) below. The method of payment will be Cash or Bank Certified Cheque. The document may at the Supplier’s request be sent through courier in which case, the Supplier shall bear costs for such delivery. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
5. Bids clearly marked on the outer envelope with “Tender Name and Reference Number” must be delivered to the address below at 7(b) and deposited in the tender box located at the Reception Area; Ground floor of Malawi Electoral Commission Head Office, Chisankho House, Opposite Mwaiwathu Hospital, Blantyre at or before 14:00 Hours Local Time on 28th September, 2020. All bids from Local Suppliers must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration while Bids from International Bidders must be accompanied by a bid security of US$470.00 as indicated on ITB21.1 of the bidding documents.
Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 7(c) at 14:00 Hours Local Time on 28th September, 2020.
6. Malawi Electoral Commission does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any other bid and reserves the right to cancel the whole or in part of the procurement proceeding at any stage.
7 (a) Address for Inspection and Issuance of Bidding Documents:
The Procurement Manager,
1st Floor, Malawi Electoral Commission Head Office, Chisankho House,
Off Chileka Road, Opposite Mwaiwathu Hospital,
Telephone Number: 01 822 033 / 01 821 585
Fax Number: 01 821 846 / 01 822 146
E mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
(b) Address for Delivery of Bids:
Attention: The Chairperson, Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee
Ground Floor, Malawi Electoral Commission’s Head Office, Chisankho House
Opposite Mwayiwathu Hospital, Off Chileka Road, Blantyre
(c) Address for Bid Opening:
Grace Bandawe Conference Centre,
Along Chileka Road,
Opposite Phoenix International High School,