DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION AND HUMUN RESOURCES
The Electoral Commission (the “Commission”) is a body corporate created under Section 75(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi, to supervise, direct and preside over the conduct of all elections in Malawi under the Parliamentary and Presidential Elections Act (cap 2.06 of the Laws of Malawi), Local Government Elections Act (cap 22.02 of the Laws of Malawi) and the Referendum Act of 2017.
In accordance with Section 13 of the Electoral Commission Act, the Commission seeks to appoint a suitably qualified person with relevant experience to be the Director of Administration and Human Resources.
The Director of Administration and Human Resources shall hold office for a period of five years and shall be eligible to be re-appointed for a further period of five years.
The Commission is, therefore, inviting interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications for the post not later than 24th February, 2022, to the address below. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the Position
- Providing overall strategic guidance, direction and control over all Human Resources Management and Administration Services;
- Prepare and draft position papers on terms and conditions of services and interpretation and application of Terms and Conditions of Service;
- Develop and formulate human resource management policies, procedures and practices;
- Managing the recruitment, performance, counseling and disciplinary enquiry hearings for staff and providing professional advice in all cases;
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure consistent implementation of human resource policies, procedures, and practices;
- Leading the Commission’s Appointments and Disciplinary Committee;
- Leading in training needs analyses, developing a training plan, and ensuring its implementation to meet staff training and development needs;
- Administering performance and reward management systems, processes and procedures in accordance with the code of conduct and administration of discipline;
- Facilitating the development, implementation and maintenance of inventory, property, fleet and security management systems;
- Monitoring divisional performance and appraising staff;
- Administer and process terminal benefits to ensure compliance with retirement regulations;
- Maintaining regular liaison with the Deputy Chief Elections Officer (Finance and Administration) on the specific human resources and administration assignments; and
- Compiling appropriate reports on logistics as required from time to time.
Requisite Academic Qualifications and Experience Desirable
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following: Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Law, Business Administration or any other related discipline from an accredited or recognized institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience at a senior managerial level.
- Candidates with experience in the management and administration of elections at a senior level are desirable and shall have an added advantage.
- Must be apolitical
- Mature with demonstratable reasoning and analytical skill;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good communication skills; and
- Good organizational planning, time management and facilitation skills.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Application with brief details on the suitability of the candidate;
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Names of three traceable referees; and
- Certified copies of certificates.
These documents must be submitted to the address shown below not later than 24th February, 2022
Malawi Electoral Commission
Private Bag 113
The Electoral Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.